Scientific and Research Group
TESRG is a scientific and research group under School of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (SEEI) Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), where faculties with a common interest in the field of telecommunication engineering join together. TESRG has been formed as a consequence of the university reformation to become an independent body, reducing supports from the government.
Historically, after the publication of seminal work by C. Shannon, “The Mathematical Theory of Communication” in 1948 and the advancement of microelectronics and computers, telecommunicatioin science and technology progressed rapidly. Present days, it moves toward the convergence of computer and communication network. It is therefore a mandatory to form a scientific and research group in this field. TESRG concentrates its activities on generation, processing, delivery and distribution of information, which is a strategic field in the information age.
The task of TESRG is threefold: education, research and community service related to telecommunication. This site is intended to give information related to TESRG and its activities, to provide valuable information for the academic communities and for general public communities as well.
- To develop and to hold scientific authority and expertise in telecommunication engineering
- To develop career of its faculties
- To develop curricula and learning process of telecommunication engineering educational program
- To conduct research and public community services
- To create and develop scientific and professional networks with a coordination from the school (SEEI)